‘g’ Green Design Center - – Established in 2007, is the New England regions only full service green building showroom and design center working with homeowners, builders, architects, and businesses creating eco-friendly, energy-efficient, healthy environments using sustainable materials at affordable prices.
From interior design and space planning, to project development and management, product resource and installation, 'g' works with clients at any step, and at every step of a building or design project.
Over the past few years, the range of sustainable materials has blossomed, providing an ever widening variety of cabinetry, countertop and other surfaces, flooring of every type, price point, design style and function, tiling, insulation, renewable energy, ventilation, air and water purification, lighting, paints, stains, carpeting, window treatments, furniture and housewares to create a safe healthy lifestyle and built environment.
Eco-friendly retail items include bamboo platters and towels to non-toxic cleaners and containers, gifts, candles, reusable totes and more. Our retail selections compliment the showroom materials and help to create a more sustainable home and office.
Founder Nicole Goldman, who has won recognition from energy organizations, builder's groups and state government for her innovative role in creating this green building icon, is also available for speaking engagements and educational seminars. Licensing opportunities for incorporate 'g' product and service offerings are also available through a consulting service.
We are a devoted group of resource professionals and designers who together with our associated architects, engineers, builders, contractors, installers and manufacturers bring a breadth of understanding to our customers about conserving resources, saving energy, creating healthy environment, supporting the local economy and sustaining the environment.
Nicole Goldman – Founder/President – Principal in charge of interior design, space planning, product development, business development and marketing management for the showroom and clients. Nicole has extensive experience in design and space planning, as well as holding an MBA and many years of hands-on work managing design companies both on the Cape and in Boston. She brings a passion for design to every project and a dedication to sustainable building with the goal of contributing to improvement of our environment, one building at a time.
Nicole's community participation includes:
- Steering Committee Co-Founder of Cape & Islands Green, a business verification program in cooperation with the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce (2008 – present)
- Steering Committee Member of Falmouth Climate Action Team (FCAT) (2010 – present)
- Commissioner for Falmouth MA Historic Districts Committee (2012 – present)
- Founding Member of USGBC Cape Cod Chapter (2012 – present)
- Member of Home Builders & Remodelers Assoc. of Cape Cod (HB&RCC) (2008 – present)
Recent presentations include:
- Sustainable Living Workshop, Home & Garden Expo, October 2012
- Technology for Better Living Conference, June 2012
- Ten Steps to Greater Greener Living Workshop, April 2012
- Be Healthy Boston, January 2012
- Residential Design Conference, Boston Society of Architects – April 2011
Paula Smith – Showroom Manager – Manager in charge of showroom activities, ordering, delivery, installations, project management and fulfillment. Paula has been with 'g' since 2008 and shares her organizational skills, customer service and commitment to environmental stewardship to every facet of her position. She is the "go to" person at 'g' for every client whether commercial or residential.
Paula's community participation includes:
- Education Committee Member of Home Builders & Remodelers Assoc. of Cape Cod (HB&RCC) (2010 – present)
'g' began its germination in the winter of 2006/2007 following the renovation of a house and many hours of research into green building for magazine articles by owner and interior designer Nicole Goldman. Recognizing the growing interest in green building and her own frustration while rebuilding her home, Nicole investigated the concept of opening a showroom of green building materials where she could help clients to realize their home remodeling projects using materials that would lower their energy usage, reduce waste, and provide a cleaner, healthier living environment for them.
The concept ballooned when Nicole found a perfect retail location in Mashpee Commons, a destination shopping area centrally located in Upper Cape Cod – near the bridges and a gateway to the rest of the Cape as well as being situated amongst the largest year round population concentration on the Cape. The space she found allowed her to broaden the showroom into a retail showroom for home accessories and entertaining local organic foods and personal care items that are naturally good and promote healthy living. Nicole's revised 'g' now gives customers the opportunity to come in and purchase a compact fluorescent light bulb, an herbal lotion or a bamboo platter if they don't feel ready to purchase a new countertop or floor; Her own way of offering something for everyone to be part of the solution.
- To provide excellent quality, affordable and responsible green building materials to homeowners, builders, architects, designers and businesses and to ensure that each product and service is vetted as eco-friendly, energy-efficient and promotes healthy living.
- To provide excellent customer service that is coupled with in depth knowledge of our products and educational materials, so customers can make the best choices for themselves and create sustainable buildings and lifestyles.
- To create new green jobs and grow our country's economy by developing our business as a sustainable entity that contributes positively to the local community, enhances all of the company employees, and focuses on the benefits of environmental stewardship.
- To create a sustainable company that through its product offerings and services will be a profitable enterprise for the parent company as well as all of its franchise operations.
Our focus is to provide you with everything needed to create green, sustainable environments that are both beautiful and responsible to our earth.
We do this through the 'g' Green Design Center's showroom, a place where clients and visitors can learn about, explore and purchase not only the materials they need to create a green building, home or business, but a multitude of home accessories, housewares, cleaners and healthy living choices.
Green is not a trend. Green is an acknowledgement of our responsibility to limit our impact on the earth or risk a process of deterioration that threatens our ability to survive on the planet. Green is not a threat. Green is a way of life.
Currently, our buildings contribute the majority of pollution and deleterious chemicals that produce global warming, deplete our natural resources as well as compromise our health through toxic materials and dangerous chemicals. At 'g' our intention is to provide materials and products that reduce or erase this impact on our daily lives, as well as giving you the knowledge and ability to implement new practices that will become a way of life now and into the future.
The ‘g’ Foundation
At 'g' we believe giving back to the community is very important especially when it comes to supporting the environment.
In an effort to help support our community when it comes to alternative energy and environmental education, we've created the 'g' Foundation, a non-profit charitable fund. Donations to the fund are tax deductible and enable members of the community to explore, initiate and pursue environmental goals.
Available only to non-profit (501c3) organizations, the foundation strives to grow its funds through showroom events, donations and 'g' Foundation merchandise being sold through the 'g' showroom.
Recent grants have been made to:
- Bioneers on the Bay Conference Scholarship Fund, Marion Institute
- Cape & Islands Green, a business verification program in cooperation with the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce
- CIRenew, the Cape Cod Chapter of the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
Like to make a donation?
Please contact us in the ‘g’ showroom at 508.477.7988.